Tuesday, May 18, 2010

FABULOUS to be back!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELLO FROM A SIBERIAN SPRING!

It is FABULOUS to be back in Siberia . . .
for Easter,
for the turning off of hot water for a week
or so to clean the pipes for the year,
for the melting of Lake Baikal,
for all the sunshine, and to reconnect
with all my friends and teammates!!!


Thank you all for your kind sendoffs! Many of you sent kind, encouraging notes and emails . . . what a great way to go out!

I actually had 3 seats together from Seattle to Moscow, so I got a bit of shut-eye. Now I am in Ulan Ude, preparing to teach youth ministry, waiting for a summer intern to come help with camps on Baikal, looking for a place to live, and getting ready to do a quick run on the border for one of my last visa runs ever.

I have applied for temporary residency that will allow me to remain in Russia for 3 years without interruption. I should hear something around October 13 . . . please pray!

Please look for a Newsletter (click the "Newsletter" link on my home page) from me soon!

For Siberia,

Kara