Monday, September 17, 2007

Just Life

Fellow Missionary Christy Perry visiting from St Petersburg
demonstrates how purses here are wrapped in saran wrap before
you are allowed in the store . . . so how ya gonna pay for that???

Ulan Ude (my city of approx 1/2 million) also boasts the largest Lenin head in the world (currently cradled in the hand of a friend HeeSung who worked in a neighboring city for several months). You could actually fit an apartment inside his head.

Hey, it's 8 hours west of home, but at least there IS one! Did you know American icecream melts much faster than
Russian icecream? Absolutely true! This is my
GREAT friend Luda learning to eat that
icecream a little faster than normal.
You have to park that STL car somewhere, so garage delivery to the rescue! Most people have to take public transport to get to where their car is parked, so I am A LOT spoiled having my garage behind my apartment.
May 2006 - There's my new STL (Speed the Light) car! Thank you NW District Youth - she's got 4-wheel drive and a pony engine that helps her start in winter. Perfect for where I live!!!
April 2006 - Welcome to Home Sweet Home.
That's my apartment . . . yellow balcony,
second floor, middle of the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment