Thursday, September 20, 2007

SUMMER CAMPS 2007

BURYATIA KID'S CAMP - JULY 2007

Yeah! This year I got to go to camp and stay . . . last year I was in full-time language study. So, Julia & I did daily crafts, Lena & I co-counseled a group of 7 girls, & I had a "language moment" when I suddenly found myself asked to speak without a translator. God showed up, they actually understood and responded, and I felt the thrill of connecting w/ an audience in Russian. Since I became "the taker of pictures" there aren't many of me, but I'm everywhere :)Day 1 - They're all here; youth camp just finished, and these kids arrived on the bus the youth just left on.Somebody shoot us now! How does one greet an excited, wide-awake group of kids on 2 hours of sleep . . . because of course last night (last night of youth camp) was NOT about sleeping!
Lilit (black & pink) - our amazing Camp Coordinator
Hey, Lira


Most popular tree limb in camp since it crossed
a creek and was the perfect jumping site. Butterflies EverywhereNot too hideous for almost 2 weeks in camp :)
(Lena & Julia)
Lilit praying w/ kids to receive Jesus
Week Theme . . . Esther and The Kingdom of God
Making Piroshki in the camp kitchen - meat,
fruit, cheese, potatoes, egg, or whatever you want inside
Football the way most of the world calls it :)
Crafts - dough art was a hit!
This was "dress up camp counselor for lunch" day.
Lena & I co-led this group of girls
(Lena, Sasha, Masha, Luda, Marina, Lira - missing Dasha).
Great time of bonding with Lena and her husband Oleg from
Novokijinginsk . . . we'll see a lot more of them in the future.
Pastor Sergei & his guys

All good things must come to an end, and it's definitely time to wash that MUD-CAKED STL Car.

No comments:

Post a Comment